Please refer to the video on How to Connect Domain to Website Builder (youtube.com)
Once your domain is set up in the Web.com Account Manager, you can return to the Site Editor and hit the Publish button to go online:
- The pop-up with publishing steps will appear:
- Select the domain for publishing in the drop-down:
- The publishing process can take up to several minutes:
- Alternatively, you can select Continue Editing on the appeared pop-up:
- When your project is published, it will appear in the Published Site section. Click the domain name to open your site:
Please Note: Only one project can be published to a domain at a time. If you want to publish a different project, you need to unpublish the current one. If you would like to publish the project to a different domain, please unpublish it and then click Publish to select a different domain from the drop-down.
- To unpublish the website, click on the drop-down to the right of the Publish button and select Unpublish:
- Confirm by clicking Yes:
Purchasing a Custom Domain
You can purchase a custom domain name in the Site Editor. When you publish your website on a free domain, a pop-up with a suggestion to buy a custom domain name will appear.
To find your new domain name:
- Select Search Domain in the appeared pop-up:
- Enter the domain name you would like to use in the search bar and click Search Domain:
- You will be redirected to the Checkout Page to finish the purchase:
Once the purchase is completed, the new domain name will be automatically added to the project:
Please Note: You will need to publish your website to apply the new custom domain name.