A cookie notification banner would show up for a visitor the first time he visits your website.
Note: If your business is based in the EU or targeted towards EU citizens the cookie notice banner will be displayed permanently without an option to turn it off.
What is the GDPR?
The GDPR regulates the collection, storage, and use of personal data across the European Union (EU). It also covers some activities outside the EU.
As well as promoting the protection of personal data, the GDPR harmonizes the standards of protection that apply in EU member states.
It came into force on 25 May 2018.
The Cookie Notice banner usually appears at the bottom of the website as shown below:
Enabling the Cookie Notice in the Site Editor is very simple. Follow the next steps:
- Proceed to Settings:
2. Select Legal:
3. In the open sidebar switch the toggle to enable the cookie notice banner. When your website goes live the banner will be shown for any visitor worldwide.
4. Enable the Cookie banner by switching the toggle and you will see the cookie notice at the bottom of the website. Also, you will have the ability to edit the Banner text and the Banner theme:
5. Use BANNER TEXT area to edit the message of the Cookie Notice:
The banner text changes during editing:
Click RESET to return to the default message:
6. You have an option to switch between the Light and Dark banner theme. Use the dropdown list:
7. The COOKIE SETTINGS popup. When all your settings are done and the website is published the visitor can manage the cookie settings by switching the ON/OFF toggle before accepting it: