Site Editor offers a collection of ready-made Footer blocks. Select a Footer block, drag it from the library, drop it onto the Footer placeholder (at the very bottom of the screen) and then configure it to suit your needs:
To select a Footer:
- Hover over the left sidebar of the Site Editor and select Build:
- Switch to the Blocks tab and click Footer at the bottom of the list:
- Select a Footer template:
- Drag and drop the selected Footer block onto the Footer placeholder (located at the very bottom of the screen):
- The new Footer will immediately replace the old one (if any).
You can now modify the Footer block according to your needs.
To resize a Footer:
- Hover over a Footer to display the resizing control at the bottom of the block:
- Click the resizing control, then drag it upwards or downwards to modify the Footer height. The resizing control displays the padding height on either side of the block, upper or lower.
- Drop the resizing control to save the change and stop resizing.
To change the Footer Settings:
- Hover over the Footer and click the Settings icon in the floating right sidebar that appears:
The Layout tab allows to:
- Set the number of columns;
- Align the layout elements vertically;
- Stretch content to full-screen width with the Fluid Container.
The Background tab allows you to:
- Upload the background photo or video for the Footer;
- Change the background color of the Footer;
- Add effects.
To change the Background Color:
- Click the square of the Background Color to open the color picker and select the color.
- Select Apply to save the change and close the color picker.
To add the Background Photo:
- Drag and drop the background image into the BackgroundPhoto placeholder.
- The new background will immediately appear:
Alternatively, click the Background Photo placeholder to open the Upload Image dialog and locate the image on your computer:
- Click the image area to open the Upload Image dialog:
- In the Image Library, select Upload Image:
Please Note: Your interface for image upload may differ if your plan doesn't include the Image Editor functionality.
- Click Select a Photo to locate an image on your computer:
Also, you can use Free Stock Photos:
- Open the Image Library and click the Search Stock Photos button.
- You can search for photos using the search input at the top of the page.
- Select the photo, then click Edit to modify it according to your preferences. Or click Use Image to add the photo to your project.
To add the Opacity:
- Drag to set the opacity level for the background photo:
To add Effects, turn the switch on to enable the image effects
Please Note: Effects can only be applied if an image has been added as a block background.
Background Video provides the ability to set a video as a background:
- Click the Video button to see options:
Link to Video provides the ability to paste video from YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion (link example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQsRQRzocnE)
- Add your link to the video:
Select text inside any text or header element to display the editing menu and be able to modify the item:
To be able to modify an image, click it to display the editing menu:
To remove an image, hover over it and click the Delete button [x] that appears in its top-right corner:
To delete a placeholder (photo, text, or header), hover over it and click the Delete button [x] that appears in its top-right corner: