Page descriptions, or meta descriptions, are short text fragments that provide potential site visitors with a page summary. While not visible on the page itself, descriptions appear in your site code, showing search engines how you want the web page to appear in search results.
Tips for writing compelling SEO page descriptions:
- The text needs to be between 50-160 characters.
- The description of each page must be unique. It helps to promote your site in search engines.
- Optimize your descriptions with keywords, but avoid keyword stuffing.
- Think about your visitors' search needs and how you can encourage them to click through to your site.
To add or change the Page Description:
- Hover over the left sidebar of the Site Editor and select Pages:
- Hover over the page and click the Settings icon that appears next to the name of the page:
- Navigate to the SEO tab, and add a description: